Youth Art Enrichment
Nov 5-8, 2014
Info about this year's program coming soon. Stay tuned!
What is Youth Art Enrichment?
- Youth Art Enrichment is a program hosted annually by the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture (KIAC) in Dawson City, Yukon.
- The program brings 48 artistically inclined high school students from across the territory together to take part in four days of intensive art workshops with a professional artist.
- Students will choose one of four courses to study for the duration of the program, in which they will hone their skills through daily exercises and explore creative ways to express their ideas.
Who can participate?
Youth Art Enrichment is open to high school students with an interest in the arts, aged 14 and up.
Is there any cost to participate?
The cost to participate is $100, which goes towards accommodation (participants and chaperones stay at the Downtown Hotel).
We also suggest that students bring at least $60.00 to buy their Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday dinners (dinner is provided on Saturday, the final night of the program).
*Transportation, breakfasts, lunches, art supplies and the remaining hotel costs will be provided*
What are the benefits of participating?
- Youth Art Enrichment provides students with an invaluable opportunity to broaden their understanding within a creative discipline of their choice for an intense and sustained period.
- In addition to focused coursework, Youth Art Enrichment presents activities which encourage students to explore and discuss career and educational choices, socialize with like-minded peers from around the territory, and to begin developing their portfolio.
- Student work will be exhibited at Robert Service School in Dawson City in early 2014 and the Yukon Arts Centre in spring, 2014.
For more details about the program please CLICK HERE
Youth Art Enrichment has its own facebook page! Check it out by clicking the image below!
Added to cache at Aug 29, 2014 01:04:53