KIAC Programming Goals
- KIAC will develop and provide high quality arts education programming in these areas:
- courses for community members and visitors to Dawson.
- outreach educational projects throughout the Yukon.
- applied arts training.
- youth programs for a range of ages.
- KIAC will support artists and art creation in the following manner:
- provide facilities and equipment.
- sustain and develop the Yukon Riverside Arts Festival.
- support the development of the Confluence Members’ Gallery.
- play a role in territorial and national arts advocacy.
- KIAC will support and/or partner with other local and regional organizations in order to present performing arts year-round, including theatre, dance, comedy, and music.
- KIAC will support creation and presentation of film, video and media arts in the following manner:
- develop the annual Dawson City International Short Film Festival (DCISFF) and its associated programming.
- enable independent film and video production by offering appropriate programming and training and by making equipment available.
- KIAC will operate the ODD Gallery, whose programming will include exhibitions of international, national and regional artists, including curated exhibitions and outreach activities that engage public interest.
- KIAC will continue to attract international, national, and regional artists to the Artist in Residence program and will develop associated outreach programs for the community.
- KIAC will maintain a supportive relationship/partnership with the Yukon School of Visual Arts (SOVA).
- KIAC will develop cultural tourism programming on its own or in cooperation with private sector, non-government organizations and government organizations, including First Nations.
Added to cache at May 23, 2013 05:31:42