Interim Gallery Director Job Posting
Do you have a strong visual arts background, experience in administration and a creative spirit? Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding lead role with a well-established, successful art organization? We are seeking a qualified, self-motivated individual who is able to work cooperatively and productively in a dynamic arts and cultural environment.
The Interim Gallery Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Residency Coordinator and a committee elected from DCAS membership.
Planning and implementation associated with all aspects of ODD Gallery exhibitions (approx. 9 each year), artist talks, workshops, outreach programs, fundraising and special events, including but not limited to:
- Calls for submission, selections, jurying, scheduling, installations
- Budget development, funding proposals, related financial administration
- Correspondence, reporting, marketing/advertising, public relations
- Education & work experience demonstrating knowledge of contemporary visual arts practices
- Experience in installation of gallery exhibitions, handling and lighting artwork
- Event coordination experience including ability to use a/v equipment
- Computer and design skills for word processing, spreadsheets, internet, web updating and desktop publishing
- Excellent organizational, time management, communications and interpersonal skills
Term Duration: March 1, 2016 to February 29, 2017
Hours: 30 hours a week
(there will be additional training hours in February)
Wage range: $31,200 –$34,400 plus benefits, commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date for Applications December 28, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Please submit completed cover letter and resume to the KIAC Office or to the Klondike Outr4each Office. Attention Karen DuBois, Executive Director, email@example.com.
A detailed job description is available upon request