Odd Fellows Hall
The Odd Fellows Hall is an attractive and functional building – approximately 8,000 sq ft on two floors – providing unique and multi purpose user space in the community. The Ballroom, on the second floor, is our most popular rental, and is suitable for meetings, banquets, or receptions.
- All renters are asked to sign a rental agreement.
- KIAC programming has priority use of space.
- KIAC does not compete directly or unfairly where the private sector offers comparable space for comparable uses.
- Arts-related and non-profit users are eligible for most preferential rates.
Rental Rates: Full Day Ballroom Rental is $300 (based on full usage up to 8 hours). Reduced or hourly rates are available in the case of short term or low impact usage. Non-profit groups receive a 50% discount. For information on renting the Darkroom, Music room, or Classroom, please contact us.
Maximum occupancy for the ballroom is 175. As a general rule, if tables are set up banquet style, capacity is closer to 100. With theatre style seating and a stage, capacity is 150.
The following provisions apply to the rental of the Ballroom:
- Renters must provide proof that they carry liability insurance for the event. When they sign this agreement, they agree to be responsible for any damage to the facility or equipment as a result of their rental.
- Rental includes use of KIAC furniture and equipment (100 stacking chairs, ten 6’ x 30” and ten 48" round folding tables, and a small sound system.)
- We can provide a TV, VCR or DVD/Bluray player, data projector, light and sound set-up, and a projection screen. We charge $25.00 a day for the use of the data projector. Please arrange for use of equipment in advance. For film screenings a projectionist must be hired.
- Use of the small service kitchen is included in the rental fee. The kitchen is a service kitchen only – it is not suitable for food preparation. Some kitchen ware is available – approximately 100 small plates, 20 dinner plates, 40 coffee mugs, water glasses, wine glasses, cutlery as well as assorted serving spoons, trays, pitchers and serving dishes, and a commercial Bunn coffeemaker. It is expected that the kitchen be left in the same condition in which it is found.
- Tablecloths are available. If the renter wants KIAC to arrange for laundry of the tablecloths after the event, there is a charge of $2.00 for each tablecloth used.
- Liquor licensing arrangements should be discussed with KIAC. We appreciate the opportunity to provide bar service as a fundraiser for our organization if required.
- Wireless Internet is available, but the renter will be charged if amount of usage causes us to exceed our 30 GB monthly allotment. Documentation based on NorthwesTel billing will be provided for this charge.
- KIAC has regular janitorial service once a week. Extra janitorial services can be provided if required. A fee may apply depending on amount of janitorial services requested.
- Flat fees for rental are based on full usage for up to 8 hours. Rental will be pro-rated if room is not used for the full 8 hours. A surcharge may apply in case of extended use or special needs, including set up and tear down. If a user requires assistance with set up, tear down, or tech, an extra fee may apply.
- Renters should make arrangements for key pick up and drop off if the rental occurs outside of normal office hours. They are also advised to stop by prior to the event to discuss security, use of the sound system, and any other concerns, with the KIAC staff. KIAC reserves the right to amend and adapt these provisions as required.
The following conditions apply to short term, drop-in use of KIAC facilities:
- Availability cannot be guaranteed. Usage is subject to "as is" condition, and specifically approved fees. KIAC programs have priority use.
- One named individual, with a dependable contact number, must be responsible for care and control of the facility during the period of use, including opening and closing of the building if needed.
- Any set up or take down will be the responsibility of the drop-in individual/group and must be approved by KIAC management. All damages or costs directly related to user(s) will be their responsibility. A drop in fee of $5.00 per hour is charged for facility upkeep.
Added to cache at Apr 28, 2015 02:58:25